1.5K views

I didn't know anything about Cobra insurance so I typed in the term "cobra insurance' and the first ad that popped up was for this service. The second I submitted my phone number, I got a call.

Do not buy anything from them or give them your credit card number! This is tremendous scam and they get you by advertising it as "COBRA' insurance referral service.

The only similarity to COBRA is the way they strike, *** you then bleed you to death! Do not give them ANY of your personal information, social security number or your credit card number.

Product or Service Mentioned: Selected Market Insurance Group Health Insurance.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jul 15, 2014.

Comments

How do you get rid of them? I didnt sign up for this but they have been taking money out of our account for a long time.

Best I can tell is that when my husband lost his job he tried to sign up for cobra (must have happened then from what ive read). I don't know how to get them to stop taking money from my account. I don't have any contact infor or anything.

I am sure we have lost alot of money to them, its been atleast 4 years or more. I asked the bank if they could block them from taking money and they said no.

hatladee
#1419224

If you've been scammed by the co., call your bank or credit card co. & tell them what happened.

They may be able to get your money back for you. Fight for it!!

Hello, I'm a Cali resident as well... how did this pan out? I've just filed a complaint with the California Department of Insurance and cancelled the credit card I gave them.

...if I were you I'd cancel whatever card these people have on file, contact your bank and inform of fraud, then contact your state insurance office.

I've opened a formal complaint with the California Department of Insurance. My bank just sent me a formal letter stating SMIG -or whomever they are - is in error and have permanently reversed the charges.

San Francisco, California, United States #1343787

They are 100% scam.Is there any lawyer after them?I need to know, they took so much money from me.

to Floribeth Kennedy #1394838

There needs to be a class-action suit filed, but I don't know how that works as we seem to be from all different States. I'm in California...

Vidor, Texas, United States #1277311