As a graduate student about to be out of school and without health insurance, I signed up for a quote online and got a call from a guy named Vinnie who’s name and mannerisms are that of a used car salesman. After listening to quotes all day long, I was tired and exhausted of talking to so many reps that his “too good to be true” policy made me want to believe it was just “true.” After realizing a day later that I received no confirmation email or policy number, I started feeling concerned and a little suspicious... Tried to call Vinnie back at his office number during what was their office hours stated on their machine, but no answer. Left messages, no answer.

Biggest advice? Call your bank, file a claim dispute ASAP to get your money back. I am with Wells Fargo and they immediately deposited the money back into my account after listening to my story. Also be sure to cancel your credit card number given to them or else they can slyly take money from your account some other way.

I hope that whoever you are reading this didn’t get too far down the line to be in serious trouble, health wise or financially. Best of luck.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of health insurance. Selected Market Insurance Group needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned health insurance in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Selected Market Insurance Group.

Had an Experience with Selected Market Insurance Group?

Comments

Chico, California, United States #1303067

I had the same experience, No confirmation, He called him self Vincent, when i called back the gal answering the phone did not answer in a professional manner.

Calling my bank now.

I got the same call from a guy named Jonathan ..I applied for the insurance and paying $346.50 right away .

Then after the call , I was like that's sounds to be good to be true and looks for their reviews all I see was a red flags , so try to call them back few times to cancelled and no answers of course .So I called my bank and tell them to cancel the transaction and told them I got scammed and cancelled the transaction from my bank account and chance my card number also .

Do you have his number?Same thing happened to me.

Nothing was sent, no information neither mail or email. I kept calling their numbers listed on the website but nothing-no one picks up. I knew he gave me a number to call him if I had any questions

But now I can't find it.

Ugh so shady and I should have listened to my gut.He didn't give his last name but by the time I got to him I was dealing with all these butt heads and he was actually Nice.

Do you have his number?Same thing happened to me.

But now I can't find it.