1.8K views

I spent a couple of hours sorting out this mess from SMIG...they have deducted from my personal checking account monthly for several years. I overlooked this and assumed it was part of my dental additional policy.

Upon investigation, this company, based on smoke and mirrors, insisted that my primary insurer had initiated and approved extended coverage for these items I did not need (additional accidental death, etc). I received NO calls, emails, mailings or anything from this company in the 4 years we supposedly were covered under their policy. My primary is not affiliated with them in any way and did not approve any additional charges outside of my primary policy. I asked SMIG to show me something..ANYTHING..that showed I had agreed to this.

Their response? "Well, it has been processed through your account for several years." UGH. They claim this money is paid to Unified Life, Business Workers of America, or Medshield..depending on who answers the phone. My Primary referred me to Colibrium because this was a life insurance policy??

SMIG never once referenced that name in our conversations :( No response from them, either. Upon my insistence, SMIG sent me a copy of the "policy" and I cannot reach anyone at any of the contact numbers.

I cancelled via phone as they instructed, but when I reviewed their website it states "policies must be cancelled in writing". UGH...this stinks to the tune of $2500 of my hard earned money in their crooked pockets :(

This person wrote the review because of "scam" at Selected Market Insurance Group. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2500 and wants Selected Market Insurance Group to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was paying for a product i never agreed to. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Selected Market Insurance Group and selected market insurance group health insurance for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

This company is a complete scam.What you are actually paying for is a life insurance policy. Stay away.Not health insurance.

I just got a charge from SMIG on Halloween. I just stopped being a dependent & havnt even bought any insurance yet.

Does anyone have any contact info for SMIG? Tips to block them from my bank account besides a new card?

to Anonymous #1445538

See my comment to Na below. SMIG pulled from my account for MONTHS, before I figured out who they were.I used AtoZ database, and canceled, if I don’t get refunded/if I get charged again then I will do the “Unauthorized ACH debit form” my bank gave me to block them.

It’s the prescription portion of the health vision and dental. I was worried then forgot I enrolled into this also.

to Na #1445536

Most banks allow you to block ACH Debit with a legal form, ask bank about blocking bank draft charges, and then don’t give out your account number anymore. I found SMIG’s phone number number using AtoZ database (use your public library card, from your public library website, to access it for free).The number I have is (904) 278-8199.Their line is always full, don’t stay on hold, just leave a message, they usually call me back the day of.I had no idea about my policy with them but she was able to give me the Agency name, the brokers first name, the agency contact number as well as my policy number and details.

(Apparently I had a telemedicine policy - as in doctors I can call anytime, I also called the telemedicine company and was also preregistratered as the SMIG lady said.)All in all, I think SMIG is real, but purchasing insurance online leads to brokers who sign you up for things you didn’t ask for...

every company I reached out to was real.She just canceled everything for me.And said I should be refunded for the last month. Maybe in a month or 2 we will how this actually ends!

Hennessey, Oklahoma, United States #1337008

I paid for insurance to cover health vision dental but can't get anyone to answer my call. Is there anything I can do to get out of this

to Anonymous #1368492

whatever card u are paying off of lose it and get another debit then they cant take anything

This is happening to me right now! Same exact thing. We're you able to do anything about it?

to Anonymous #1337044