1K views

I spent a couple of hours sorting out this mess from SMIG...they have deducted from my personal checking account monthly for several years.I overlooked this and assumed it was part of my dental additional policy.

Upon investigation, this company, based on smoke and mirrors, insisted that my primary insurer had initiated and approved extended coverage for these items I did not need (additional accidental death, etc). I received NO calls, emails, mailings or anything from this company in the 4 years we supposedly were covered under their policy. My primary is not affiliated with them in any way and did not approve any additional charges outside of my primary policy. I asked SMIG to show me something..ANYTHING..that showed I had agreed to this.

Their response? "Well, it has been processed through your account for several years." UGH. They claim this money is paid to Unified Life, Business Workers of America, or Medshield..depending on who answers the phone. My Primary referred me to Colibrium because this was a life insurance policy??

SMIG never once referenced that name in our conversations :( No response from them, either. Upon my insistence, SMIG sent me a copy of the "policy" and I cannot reach anyone at any of the contact numbers.

I cancelled via phone as they instructed, but when I reviewed their website it states "policies must be cancelled in writing".UGH...this stinks to the tune of $2500 of my hard earned money in their crooked pockets :(

This person wrote the review because of "scam" of selected market insurance group health insurance from Selected Market Insurance Group. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2500 and wants Selected Market Insurance Group to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was paying for a product i never agreed to. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Selected Market Insurance Group for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Selected Market Insurance Group?

Comments

I just got a charge from SMIG on Halloween.I just stopped being a dependent & havnt even bought any insurance yet.

Does anyone have any contact info for SMIG?Tips to block them from my bank account besides a new card?

It’s the prescription portion of the health vision and dental. I was worried then forgot I enrolled into this also.

Hennessey, Oklahoma, United States #1337008

I paid for insurance to cover health vision dental but can't get anyone to answer my call. Is there anything I can do to get out of this

to Anonymous #1368492

whatever card u are paying off of lose it and get another debit then they cant take anything

This is happening to me right now! Same exact thing. We're you able to do anything about it?

to Anonymous #1337044